SFTP (not FTPS) with Indy10?
Ronald
2008-07-11 08:25:43 UTC

Does anyone know if Indy10 can be used to do SFTP (not FTPS)?

I have already found that I can do it with Synapse or use the
SFTP-component from SecureBlackBox. But since we use Indy10 I'd like to
use Indy also for SFTP.

TIA,

Ronald
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
2008-07-11 18:15:06 UTC
Post by Ronald
Does anyone know if Indy10 can be used to do SFTP (not FTPS)?
Indy does not have an SFTP component available. However, you can implement
SFTP yourself using TIdTCPClient. Look at RFC 913 for details:

Simple File Transfer Protocol
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0913.txt

I'll suggest adding SFTP to a later release of Indy.

Gambit
Charles Stack
Gambit
Ronald
2008-07-14 06:39:31 UTC
Post by Ronald
Does anyone know if Indy10 can be used to do SFTP (not FTPS)?
Indy does not have an SFTP component available. However, you can
Simple File Transfer Protocol
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc0913.txt
I'll suggest adding SFTP to a later release of Indy.
Gambit
Indeed, I mean 'FTP over SSH'. See
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSH_file_transfer_protocol (where it's also
called SFTP).
If Indy doesn't support it, I will have to choose between Synapse and
SecureBlackBox.