How to install latest version of Indy to Delphi 2007 ?
Del Murray
2008-07-26 14:54:54 UTC
I have Indy vers 10.1.5
I understand that is not the latest.
Does anyone have any instructions for installing the latest version into
Delphi 2007. I dont know much about packages etc, I'm an application guy.
Any help would be appreciated.
Dennis Passmore
2008-07-26 20:25:42 UTC
Once you get the Indy 10.2.3 source from ftp://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/ in the file
Indy10.zip and extracted it you then need to compile the lib\Computil.dpr project.
Now exit RAD studio and execute the Fulld11.bat batch file and it should do the rest for you.

Oh yeah I forgot they never included the Fulld11.bat in the Indy10.zip file so I will
upload it to attachments as Indy1023_Update.zip. Fullc120.bat just does not work.
j***@mac.com
2008-07-27 15:28:06 UTC
Once you get the Indy 10.2.3 source fromftp://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/in the file
Indy10.zip and extracted it you then need to compile the lib\Computil.dpr project.
Now exit RAD studio and execute the Fulld11.bat batch file and it should do the rest for you.
Oh yeah I forgot they never included the Fulld11.bat in the Indy10.zip file so I will
upload it to attachments as Indy1023_Update.zip. Fullc120.bat just does not work.
Thank you, but how can we build the DotNet assembly ?

EnderX
Mercenary
Where would one get this 1023_Update.zip attachment ?
Del Murray
2008-07-28 13:19:18 UTC
Dennis,

Thanks ... questions ...

Does it matter where I put the Indy source ?
Does it matter where the output from the compile goes ??

I went into the "source" dir for CodeGear where Indy was and created a new
dir at same dir level as Indy 9 and Indy 10.
I labeled it Indy10.2.3. Now I have 3 subdirs under the Indy dir in
RadStudio. I put the install bat file zip (your attachment) and the indy
source zip in there and unzipped them both.

When I compile the "Computil.dpr" it picked up the default output dir from
my other D2007 projects and put the output in that directory
(d:\inetpub\scripts).

I'm pretty sure that the install wont find things where it expects it.

Should I have just replaced all the files in the old "indy10" subdir with
the new files and done all the work there, including the output of the
computil.dpr compile ???

I haven't run the install yet out of an abundance of caution. ! :-)

Thanks,

Del
Dennis Passmore
2008-07-28 13:33:49 UTC
Post by Del Murray
Does it matter where I put the Indy source ?
Not really as long as your Library and Search paths in Delphi do not
include the paths to the old versions then it does not matter.
Post by Del Murray
Does it matter where the output from the compile goes ??
The Fulld11.bat will create a folder just off of where you placed
INdy10.203 such as D11
Post by Del Murray
When I compile the "Computil.dpr" it picked up the default output dir from
my other D2007 projects and put the output in that directory
The output of Computil.exe should be in the 'Lib' folder the same as where
you found the Computil.dpr. The FullD11.bat should also be in the same folder.
Mercenary
2008-07-28 18:17:07 UTC
I followed your procedure and both the computil and full11.bat files
ran without any apparent problems. However, I still don't see any indy
components on the tool palette. I am using delphi 2007. I have
restarted delphi a number of times and yes I also checked in the
design view.
Del Murray
2008-08-01 15:41:19 UTC
Dennis,

I put the stuff in the directories that you indicated. I ran the
fulld11.bat.
What is next ???
If I open D2007 and look at the Indy components they are still the old
10.1.5 components.
I'm sure I missed a step somewhere ...

Del
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
2008-08-01 16:57:56 UTC
Post by Del Murray
If I open D2007 and look at the Indy components they are
still the old 10.1.5 components.
Did you remove the old package binaries from the IDE and install the new
ones? fulld11.bat does not do that for you. It just compiles the packages
and does nothing else.

Gambit
Del Murray
2008-08-01 18:20:36 UTC
No, I did not. I'm dont know how to do that.

I think I go to Components=>Install Packages and then highlight the two Indy
packages

Indy10Core Design Tiime
Inddy 19 Protcol Design Time

Then I delete them and then click add. Trouble is I dont know which bpl
files represent the new indy BPL files and I dont know if I should check
that says "build with runtime packages".

I'm not familiar with the guts of the IDE and all that, I just write the
code using the tools out of the box. Sorry for being so dumb ...

Del
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
2008-08-01 19:04:52 UTC
Post by Del Murray
I think I go to Components=>Install Packages and then highlight
the two Indy packages
Indy10Core Design Tiime
Inddy 19 Protcol Design Time
Then I delete them and then click add.
Yes.
Post by Del Murray
Trouble is I dont know which bpl files represent the new indy BPL files
Install the "dclIndy...bpl" files that are created.

Gambit
Del Murray
2008-08-01 19:34:37 UTC
There were no new dclIndy*.bpl files created in the compile.
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
2008-08-01 19:42:17 UTC
Post by Del Murray
There were no new dclIndy*.bpl files created in the compile.
Did you see any error messages during the compile? Otherwise, there had to
have been files created.

Gambit
Del Murray
2008-08-01 20:33:02 UTC
It went by so quickly I couldn't really tell. But check out Dennis's post
after this one. It does not match your instructions at all. I 'm very
confused at this point.
I will run the compile again and watch closely for errors.
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
2008-08-01 21:26:27 UTC
Post by Del Murray
It went by so quickly I couldn't really tell.
Compiling Indy is not a quick operation. It takes at least a minute or two
to do a full build. If the window is disappearing quickly, then an error is
likely occuring. Don't run the .bat file directly like an .exe file.
Manually open a command prompt window and execute it manually. Then you can
see its output.

Gambit
Del Murray
2008-08-01 20:40:54 UTC
OK ..

IndyCore120.res and IndySystem120.res were not found in the compile. That
would explain why the .bpl wasn't produced. However, at this point I dont
have a clue as to what to do.

I executed fulld11.bat from the Attachments group that Dennis sent me.

Del
r***@gmail.com
2018-02-27 12:53:46 UTC
Mayan lodhi
r***@gmail.com
2018-02-27 12:56:31 UTC
Mayan lodhi adbisan b p l details
r***@gmail.com
2018-02-28 08:46:56 UTC
B pl

Dennis Passmore
2008-08-01 18:35:13 UTC
As Remy/Gambit said you have to manually remove the old .bpl files and then install
the new version 120 files as were compiled into the D11 folder. First shut down
RAD Studio and then find the old Indy .bpls in the bin folder where ever you
installed RAD Studio into. Find IndySystem120.bpl and move it into a backup
folder then find the old IndyProtocols120.bpl and move it into a backup
folder. Now locate the new IndySystem120.bpl and the IndyProtocols120.bpl
in the D11 folder and move them into the bin folder where the old ones were
located before. One thing to watch out for is that some of the .bpl files
may have been installed into the C:\WINNT\system32 folder and if they were
then those need to be replaced also.
Del Murray
2008-08-01 18:43:16 UTC
Dennis,

Did you mean to say .. Find the Indy "100" bpls and replace them with the
"120" bpls ???

Does just overlaying the old ones do the trick ??? There is not "install"
procedure required ???

Tks,
Del
Dennis Passmore
2008-08-01 23:48:30 UTC
I had to go back into the previous messages to see that you are using
Indy 10.1.5 and I had made an assumption that you were using 10.2.3 so
given that you have a older version I will have to revise the batch file
to match the 10.1.5 version which I still have on hand. I will be back
some time on Saturday with and update for you.
Dennis Passmore
2008-08-01 23:53:34 UTC
I will have to revise my last email again by asking exactly what version
of Indy do you have any way. Rad studio did not ship with the latest
developer version of 10.2.3 and I think it might have been 10.1.6 so I really
need to know exactly what you find in the file Indy_10\Lib\System\IdVers.inc
Del Murray
2008-08-02 12:46:39 UTC
Dennis,

Current version is 10.1.5

Del
Dennis Passmore
2008-08-02 13:52:56 UTC
Post by Del Murray
Current version is 10.1.5
Well the kind of examples the problems you are having then because version 10.1.5
was developed for Delphi 2005/2006 long before 2007 even existed.

You really need to upgrade to version 10.2.3 even though it is the developer version
it is so much better than the old versions that it is not worth the time trying to get
the old version installed.
a***@gmail.com
2008-08-04 13:07:06 UTC
Once you get the Indy 10.2.3 source fromftp://indy.fulgan.com/ZIP/in the file
Indy10.zip and extracted it you then need to compile the lib\Computil.dpr project.
Now exit RAD studio and execute the Fulld11.bat batch file and it should do the rest for you.
Oh yeah I forgot they never included the Fulld11.bat in the Indy10.zip file so I will
upload it to attachments as Indy1023_Update.zip. Fullc120.bat just does not work.
Where can I get one Fulld11.bat ?
Can't find included attachements .