Max No of Thread for TCP/IP Server
Ray
2008-06-11 18:11:36 UTC
Hi

I have this App Server writen in Delphi that allows client applications
connection through TCP/IP Port. Realized that when reaches a concurrent 128
connections it will wait till the existing active connections gets
disconnected before accepting new request.

My questions are:-
1. Is there any limit in No of thread can happen in an application? Is that
limit applies to 1 machine/server or by application?
2. Is there a way to set Max Thread to higher limit? Is yes then how?

TIA

Ray
Jamie Dale
2008-06-19 18:54:47 UTC
What are you using Indy or another socket component set?

If Indy I think its unlimited - within reason - it depends on what the
machine can handle.

You do need to provide more details ;)