Base64 Error
Patrick Bšösch
2008-07-30 11:21:21 UTC
hello,

I've a problem with the base64 decoding routine of indy. I'm using
Indy9.0.19 for Delphi6. With the following class function I decode the
string, which came over a soap service.

class function TGFCoderBase64.Base64Decode(const AStr: string): string;
var
xDecoder : TGFBase64Decoder;
begin
Result := '';
try
xDecoder := TGFBase64Decoder.Create;
try
Result := xDecoder.DecodeString(AStr);
finally
xDecoder.Free;
end;
except
on e: ExceptionGF do
raise EGFException.Create(ClassName + '.Base64Decode', e);
end;
end;

A file containing an encoded pdf example is located
http://klimt.printart.ch:8080/test/test1.uue

Is there something wrong in my code?

best regards

Patrick
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
2008-07-30 16:53:37 UTC
I'm using Indy9.0.19 for Delphi6.
That is a very old version of Indy. Try upgrading to the current 9.0.50
snapshot and see if the problem continues. Or upgrade to Indy 10.
xDecoder : TGFBase64Decoder;
There is no such class in Indy.

Gambit
Patrick Bšösch
2008-08-04 12:41:21 UTC
Post by Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
That is a very old version of Indy. Try upgrading to the current 9.0.50
snapshot and see if the problem continues. Or upgrade to Indy 10.
I've updated the indy version to the 9.0.50, but the error still occurs
Post by Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
Post by Patrick Bšösch
xDecoder : TGFBase64Decoder;
Sorry. The Class TGFBase64Decoder derived directly from TIdDecoderMime
and is for updating purpose only. so at the moment there is no
funcionallity in this class.

Patrick