Indy 10.1.5 TIdFTP does not transfer large files
Trt
2008-07-21 10:59:18 UTC
I'm using Indy 10.1.5 TIdFTP component for file transfer to FTP site.
transfer happens for small size files. but its not happening for files
with size more than 200 mb. I use Delphi 7 for programming. Can anyone
help me to resolve this issue?

following is just a sample code i use.
IdFTP.Host := fHost;
IdFTP.Port := fPort;
IdFTP.Username := fUserName;
IdFTP.Password := fPassword;
IdFTP.Passive := fPassive;
if IdFTP.Connected then
FTPDisconnect;
IdFTP.Connect;

Try
IdFTP.Put(FileListBox1.FileName, ExtractFileName
(FileListBox1.FileName) + '.FTP');
except
raise;
end;
IdFTP.Rename(ExtractFileName(FileListBox1.FileName) + '.FTP',
ExtractFileName(FileListBox1.FileName));

Thanks,
Thanu

--- posted by geoForum on http://delphi.newswhat.com
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
2008-07-21 16:52:25 UTC
Post by Trt
I'm using Indy 10.1.5
That is a very old version. The current version is 10.2.3. Try upgrading
and see if the problem continues. For instance, TIdIOHandler.Write(TStream)
(which TIdFTP.Put() uses internally) had a bug in 10.1.5 regarding misuse of
memory, especially for large streams streams. That was fixed in a later
version.

Gambit
Trt
Jamie Dale
2008-07-23 00:08:48 UTC
Post by Trt
Thanks. it works. But is it a stable version?
I'd say more stable than the older ones - especially seeing as most bugs
have been identified and fixed ;)