ESoapHTTPException with THTTPRIO since Indy10 and proxy settings
Christophe Rozec
2008-07-22 16:06:06 UTC
i face a strange problem since the migration from Indy 9 to Indy 10.
Customers modify the proxy settings of Internet explorer on some
computers in order to block the internet connection for employes.
(They enter a bad IP adress in the proxy options of IE)

It didn't affect my application when it was under Indy 9.
Since we migrate it on Indy 10. My application can't connect to the Soap
web service.
a THTTPRIO is created, an url is filled... and when testing the
connection it returns me this exception :

The exception generated is a ESOAPHTTPException :
"
A connection with the server could not be established -
URL:http://10.29.121.9:1024/soap/IEMSLic_Client -
SOAPAction:urn:soapIEMS_Lic-IEMSLic_Client#ConnectionOk
"

Can anyone light me ?
is there a special configuration with indy10 and proxy settings ?
why changing proxy settings of IE affects the httprio connection ?

Best Regards,
Christophe Rozec
Christophe Rozec
2008-07-23 07:30:26 UTC
No one have an idea ?
Is my explanation enough clear ?
it is relatively critical for us...

Christophe
Hi,
Christophe Rozec
Christophe Rozec
2008-07-23 12:37:27 UTC
Here is my code, maybe it could help :

var soap : IEMSLic_Client; // --> IEMSLic_Client=interface(IInvokable)

try
Soap:=GetIELOMAPServicesClient(sServeur,iPort);
except
on e: Exception do begin
ErreurString:=e.Message+' - '+e.ClassName;
Soap:=nil;
end;
end;
if not Assigned(Soap) then begin
ErreurString:='Impossible de se connecter à ELOMAPServices
('+ErreurString+')';
Exit;
end;
// On teste la connection SOAP
try
if not Soap.ConnectionOk then begin
ErreurString:='Connection KO';
Soap:=nil;
Exit;
end;
except
on e: Exception do begin
ErreurString:='Dialogue impossible avec ELOMAPServices Lic_Client
(sur '+sServeur+':'+IntToStr(iPort)+' -- '+e.Message+' - '+e.ClassName+')';
Trace.EmpileChaine('CZE ' + e.Message);
Exit;
end;
end;

function getIELOMAPServicesClient(const Serveur: string; Port: Integer):
IEMSLic_Client;
var
RIO: THTTPRIO;
begin
Result:=nil;
RIO:=nil;
try
RIO:=THTTPRIO.Create(nil);
RIO.HTTPWebNode.ConnectTimeout:=CONNECT_TIME_OUT;
RIO.HTTPWebNode.SendTimeout:=SEND_TIME_OUT;
RIO.HTTPWebNode.ReceiveTimeout:=RECEIVE_TIME_OUT;
Result:=(RIO as IEMSLic_Client);
(RIO as EMSLic_Client).URL:=
'http://'+Serveur+':'+IntToStr(Port)+'/soap/IEMSLic_Client';
finally
if (Result=nil) and Assigned(RIO) then begin
// RIO détruit
FreeAndNil(RIO);
end;
end;