Indy 10.1.5 Readtimeout
D-Fan
2008-07-17 05:19:52 UTC
I am using Indy ver 10.1.5. I want to read from the client to see if a
flag is set. If there is no message the timeout event occurs. This
event is difficult to control and I am having problems creating having
this process run in a thread with such an unruly exception. This will
probably occur while running from the IDE. Is there anyway to change
this behavior? FYI I cannot capture the EIDReadTimout exception. If I
try except on EIDReadTimeout I get undefined identifier "EIDReadTimeOut"
at compile time.
Remy Lebeau (TeamB)
2008-07-17 18:42:07 UTC
Post by D-Fan
I am using Indy ver 10.1.5.
That is a very old version. The current version is 10.2.3.
Post by D-Fan
This event is difficult to control
No, its not.
Post by D-Fan
I am having problems creating having this process run in a thread
with such an unruly exception.
What EXACTLY are you having trouble with? Please be more specific.
Post by D-Fan
This will probably occur while running from the IDE.
You can disable the IDE's handling of the exception at runtime.
Post by D-Fan
Is there anyway to change this behavior?
Change it to do what exactly? You are being too vague.
Post by D-Fan
FYI I cannot capture the EIDReadTimout exception.
Yes, you can. Simply wrap the erroring operation in a try..except block
like with any other exception handling.
Post by D-Fan
If I try except on EIDReadTimeout I get undefined identifier
"EIDReadTimeOut" at compile time.
You likely did not add the IdExceptionCore unit to your uses clause.

Gambit